Apr 21, 2007

Designing for Dinner

It's amazing how unemployment will drive you out of your mind.

As I continue to job search though, I try to keep myself busy enough to avoid completely losing it. So I'm designing. It's great to be able to get back into a hobby I was forced to put away on a high dusty shelf the last 10 months.

My recent designs include the entire DVD menu and DVD labels for Token Chinglish, the amateur documentary we pieced together last month. Here's a screenshot of the main menu.



I helped tailor a design for a CD my friend recently recorded and released. She has some great songs on the album, my favorite being a little tribute titled "Ray of Sunshine". I also recently completed graduation announcements for two other friends, both of whom were interested in having less-to-non-traditional designs (and are looking to rake in a little money). Here's what I came up with.





All of this work has been for free of course (these are my friends), so I'm still seeking an actual source of income. But I haven't come away from all this work completely empty handed. I'm trading my services for dinner, so I guess I should say empty stomached.