Jun 2, 2006

The countdown is on...

24. 24 days and I board the plane. 24 days and I begin a new chapter in my life. A short 13-hour flight later and I find myself in a new environment, a new culture, a new world.

I've got to make it through these 24 days first. It's nonstop from here. 8 days to prepare. 10 days for France. 2 days for a road trip. 1 day for training. 2 days for friends, family, and farewells.

I'm excited, anxious, overwhelmed, relaxed, eager, and pained somehow all at the same time. Teaching will be a great and challenging endeavor. Taiwan will be a rich and rewarding experience. There's a lot I expect to take away from this personally. I hope my friends and family will visit this site often. I will dutifully attempt to post often with pictures and accounts of my experiences abroad.

Well, errands call. The countdown relentlessly continues...

No comments: